Many organisations find it difficult to attract and select the right accounting and finance staff. It helps to focus on what you need before you start the recruitment process. Addressing the following points can help develop a robust accounting job brief.
Remember to state what you don’t want – this can be as important as what you do want.
- Type of role (ie full time, part time, permanent or contract)
- Reporting line
- Place in context of the wider organisation
- Salary range and package (and other benefits if applicable)
- Purpose of the role
- Key responsibilities
- Line management duties (if applicable)
- Training and development opportunites
- Travel requirements (if applicable)
- Required skills, experience and qualifications
- Desired skills, experience and qualifications
- Type of person who will be successful in the role and why
- History, mission, vision and values
- Company performance
- What makes it a great place to work
The recruitment process
- Testing involved in the interview process (if applicable)
- Availability for interviews
- Number of interview stages required
- Date successful candidate will be required to start
Submit an accounting job brief
If you need to fill an accounting or finance job within your business, send us your recruitment requirements.
Once we receive your accounting job brief, we will contact you to discuss a customised recruitment solution that suits your needs.
Alternatively, contact one of our consultants via our online contact form to discuss your accounting and finance recruitment requirements.